Senior Software Developer
Disney Streaming is on the search for a Streaming Media Lead to join our Media Operations team in Amsterdam!
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The team's responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for our products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms
What you'll do:
A Streaming Media Lead is a key member of the daily operations team responsible for delivering high profile direct-to-consumer products to market. By possessing advanced workflow knowledge and operational experience, this Lead has exceptional and specialized expertise in analytical methods or operational processes.
In addition, responsibilities will include collection and organization of data files that drive platforms during optimal and service-outage incidents, and perform client devices and product support as needed, which may include holidays, nights and weekends.
• Follow operational procedures and raise awareness of issues in workflows when they arise
• Use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services
• Execute defined processes to validate the quality and availability of live content streams
• Serve as a shift leader
• Implement guidance in regards to technology improvement and daily operations
• Serve as an Incident Manager during service outages
• Generate procedure documentation
• Provide operational efficiency feedback to leadership
• Record steps to troubleshoot workflows when issues arise
• 4+ years of experience in a technical field directly related to delivery of video on the web
• In-depth knowledge of live/on-demand streaming
• Broad skills in data synthesis and data processes
• Working knowledge of various platforms for streaming media playback (eg: AppleTV, Roku, iOS, Android)
• Comfortable implementing guidance in regard to data and technology improvement information
• Ability to construct workflow requirements and ensure that team members understand documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
• General knowledge of sports rules and regulations is a plus as we oversee many live sports events
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkx08-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.