Production Coordinator - Alice's Wonderland Bakery
Storyboard Artist (Song Sequences) - Multiplatform
The Storyboard Artist (Song Sequences) draws a scene-by-scene visual story based on script and music. The artist must have a strong sense of timing to be able to sync drawings with particular moments in a song.
• Create storyboard: thumbnail/rough storyboard panels through delivery of finished storyboard song sequences
• Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to through execution of action, staging, dialogue and camera
• Pitch storyboards to Director, crew and Executives
• Address notes from Director and Creative Supervisors
• Collaborate with creative department heads and production to review goals and vision for the storyboards and discuss concerns, timelines and complexity, given the parameters of the schedule; Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule and within guidelines/show parameters such as number of scenes, complexity requirements, etc.
• Ensure that storyboard includes all final dialogue/lyrics, backgrounds, direction, camera moves and action by making drawing or text changes in description, dialogue or numbering
• Submit work that appropriately aligns with production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e., naming conventions and storage)
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show. Must have experience with song storyboarding.
• Knowledge and experience with television animation production pipeline a plus
• Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boon Storyboard Pro, and Photoshop
• Strong sense of timing
• Strong understanding of the pace of poses, images and transitions within a dynamic song sequence
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
• Strong in comedy, action, emotional storytelling, and character interaction with the ability to identify character or comedy opportunities or gags beyond the script and lyrics
• Strong staging, composition and cinematography skills
• Ability to draw characters and environments on model within show style and also push beyond the model to maximize silhouette, impact and humor.
• Ability to operate in a loose style that accommodates new and changing ideas, scenes and gags
• Ability to write clear and specific direction on storyboards
• Solid and consistent time-management skills
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p4m0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.