Senior Enterprise Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Video Playback Engineering team you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You'll be part of an advanced team where you'll be in uncharted territory exploring video playback on the latest connected and set-top box devices on the market.
We're looking for an engineer who's proficient in a set-top box and embedded systems world, with experience writing cross platform code, building video players for constrained devices, with an attention to detail that goes deep in uncovering the nuances of set-top box hardware to optimize our application video playback experiences.
This opening is for both senior and mid-level engineers with experience in developing and porting production applications. Whether you're in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry. In some cases, we are also open to remote employees.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
• To work with a world-class team of Engineers
• To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Be a critical member of a team of engineers responsible for building our next generation
platform and apps for embedded and set-top box devices.
• Video Player and integration development for a native environment.
• Port and optimize to new hardware.
• Maintain a strong understanding of our native video engine to identify, research
and address issues as they arise.
• Test and assess our internal video player on new hardware. Explore DRM capabilities and ability to access OS and driver level decoding and decryption.
• Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams
and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements.
• Must have experience in Rust/WASM and C/C++
• Experience analyzing performance and optimizing single threaded runtimes.
• Strong individual contributor with a drive to learn and patience to teach others.
• Familiarity with set-top box development and specialized SoCs from embedded
• HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for both Live and VOD
• ABR Algorithms
• Media containers ISOBMFF / CMAF
• Caption and subtitle formats WebVTT, 608 / 708
• Codecs AVC, HEVC, AAC, EAC3
• DRM, common encryption, and CDM vendors Widevine and PlayReady
• Visual Studio or IDE of choice
• Github Enterprise
• Linux / Windows / Mac
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.