We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Ecosystem Reliability Engineering team. The Ecosystem Reliability team is responsible for improving application experience, increasing Disney Streaming's reliability, and decreasing the acceptable error margin. Additional focus should be to de-risk launches, which include big titles, feature rollouts, and global expansion. The Ecosystem Reliability Engineering team reports directly to Disney Streaming's CTO and is responsible for improving the reliability, performance, and user experience across Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.
This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration, technical understanding, and experience managing cross-workstream technology and engineering initiatives. In this role you will play a key role in contributing to the success of our engineering organization and overall product strategy by holding regular planning sessions, managing stakeholders, outlining strategic project deliverables, and coordinating directly with other technical project managers across the engineering organization.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
• Serve as a team representative interfacing directly with other technical project managers across engineering, product, and data.
• Build strong relationships with partner engineering teams and technical project managers; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison in software development
• Create key projects and requirement documents, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, milestones, and blockers, and holding regular agile roadmapping sessions to drive high-profile projects from start to finish.
• Aid in prioritization of required cross engineering work for executive-level initiatives and engineering projects.
• Take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove blockers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks, mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects, and escalating when necessary.
• Regularly assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization, and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level features, backlogs, and regular stand-ups.
• Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions needed to achieve them, create strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all stakeholders.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for product and engineering teams, identifying and resolving roadblocks that could delay project deliverables.
• Facilitate planning events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including story mapping, assigning of tickets, strategic planning sessions, and scrum of scrums.
• 3-5 years experience as a Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, or Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• 3 years of experience with scaled Agile in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
• Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of client and microservices architecture and development practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
• Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
• Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nbn8-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.