Sr. Data Engineer
New York, NY
The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of analysts that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department's responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
The Technical Operations team serves to shape the technical procedures to be employed by operators in day-to-day business. They accomplish this by working alongside engineers and software developers to gain insight into how backend services and infrastructure are built and the details of their workflows. This allows them to better understand how to monitor and support vital workflows that deliver our products to our customers. In addition, we function as the DevOps for these services teams and carry out certain roles and responsibilities on their behalf such as scaling, triaging, building dashboards and being the Tier 1 on-call support for selected teams.
• Work with day-to-day Media Operations to ensure smooth performance of dynamic ad insertion to all streaming media properties. This includes monitoring and troubleshooting DAI integration with all active clients, CDNs, partners during marquee events.
• Can speak authoritatively about Dynamic Ad Insertion, Streaming Media Technologies, Log Aggregation Systems, and Distribution mechanics with a clear and complete understanding of at least one of these disciplines.
• Ability to inspect wide-ranging data sets with a focus on incident identification, root-cause analysis, and problem resolution.
• Strong understanding of signal flows and potential points of failure in a streaming media workflow with ad insertion. This includes the ability to contextualize various data points and aggregate into dashboards, as well as establishing monitoring and alerting protocols.
• Mastered troubleshooting techniques and thinks creatively about solutions to complex data problems with the ability to lead post-mortem discussions and create digestible documentation.
• Delivers on routine and non-routine decisions around technical issues by combining accumulated experience and knowledge with inspected datasets.
• Focus on major areas of work, typically 20% or more of role
• Be a liaison between dev/engineering teams to the Media Operations team
• Pro-actively support Media Operations workflows before, during and after live events
• Improve knowledge around Media Orchestration and Ad Insertion workflows
• Typically has 4-6 years of experience in a technical field
• Mastery understanding in data synthesis and processing from origination to completion
• Certified or has exhibited equivalent competency in cloud computing or analytical discipline
• Knowledgeable understanding of programming languages
• Show initiative in leading a group to reach a common goal.
• 2-4 years of experience with technical implementations of digital ad integration solutions
• Experience with AWS workflows
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zb4n-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.