Sr. Technical Account Manager
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming is seeking a Senior Manager on the Technical Account Management (TAM) team. The TAM team's mission is to establish Disney Streaming as a thought and innovation leader with strategic distribution partners for Disney Streaming Direct to Consumer video streaming platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+. This includes working with the top mobile, connected device, consumer electronics, operators (telcos, wireless, pay TV / MVPDs), and other distribution partners. The TAM team is responsible for establishing positive relationships with each third party to advocate for Disney Streaming's product and technology initiatives across a broad range of global distribution partners. The Senior Manager, Technical Account Management role will report to the Director, Technical Account Management.
The role is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Disney's relationship with distributors, working closely with business development teams to on-board partners, evangelize the product proposition and define and deliver platform features in support of our distribution strategies.
The TAM role provides the connection across business, product, and technology by managing technical relationships with Disney internal and external partners. You will be a liaison and primary point of contact with the distribution partners and our technical and product teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners' future roadmaps.
As this role has a regional and global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread across multiple time zones. A successful TAM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and travel within the US and internationally may be required.
A successful candidate will have a strong passion and extensive background in digital media and video (live and VOD) streaming solutions. Experience in managing cross functional teams in complex technology integration projects and knowledge of application development across multiple platforms is required. Equally important is a proven track record of establishing positive relationships with external third parties and internal product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders.
• Support TAM Director in managing the day-to-day relationships with third party partners ensuring delivery of successful integrations and platform launches
• Establish strong relationships with global distribution partners to identify new capabilities, features, and requirements to provide implementation recommendations to internal business, product, and technology teams
• Educate and persuasively advocate for DSS's product, and technology interests to third party distribution partners
• Manage requirements identification and technical integrations with third party distribution partners necessary to align with business objectives
• Collaborate with internal product and technology stakeholders to identify challenges and blocking issues that require resolution with third party partners
• Collaborate with internal legal, sales, and business development teams to drive distribution deals to support product and technology goals
• At least 5+ years experience in a technical account management, product/technical management role
• Extensive experience leading complex end-to-end technology integration launches for digital media and streaming video (live and VOD) solutions
• Extensive knowledge of live and VOD streaming video solutions for OTT and Direct to Consumer services
• Deep understanding of streaming media consumer electronics (CE) devices and platforms (e.g. Web, mobile, connected devices, living room devices, set top boxes, etc)
• Experience working with third party consumer electronics partners, technology partners (SoC, middleware, STB OEMs, etc), and platform distribution partners
• Experience in video streaming technology (video playback, encoding, packaging, DRM, CDN, etc)
• Superior customer relationship and account management skills including ability to influence/advocate Disney Streaming's product/technology initiatives and uncovering implementation requirements
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills including the ability to translate complex technology requirements into business impacts
• Strong attention to detail and analytical ability to dive deep into complex challenges, identify solutions, and provide recommendations to product, technology, business, and executive stakeholders
• Ability to uncover the true business objectives and technology requirements to drive towards successful launches with each distribution partner
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yw6e-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.