Software Engineer, Web
New York, NY
The Platform Engineering Team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for the architecture, implementation, and management of the infrastructure services that power content processing and delivery globally for a range of streaming products including ESPN+ and Disney+. From managing the bare metal, virtualization, and container platforms; to ensuring that the underlying infrastructure services operate at peak performance, the Platform Engineering team is intimately involved.
We are currently seeking a senior level engineer to join this world-class group. The ideal candidate is a team player with a rich and diverse technical background. In addition, this person must be: articulate, a problem solver, passionate about standardization, a champion for automation, and is comfortable working in a highly collaborative / fast paced environment.
If you think you can apply your skill set to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
• Architecture, Implementation, and Management of global compute infrastructure.
• Create, maintain, and manage virtual technologies used internally. (ovirt, kubernetes).
• Share responsibility for maintaining a Linux OS baseline.
Own the install methods for virtual and bare metal systems.
• Development of configuration management and automation tooling to handle various deployment and administrative tasks (Ansible + AWX, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Python development).
• Deployment and Management of Reverse Proxies.
• Management of critical infrastructure tool sets used by a wide audience of users: source control (Github Enterprise), Artifact Repository (Artifactory), and IPAM (ip management) applications.
• Fielding Tier 2 escalations from systems operations staff, and participating in an on-call rotation.
• 10 years of experience or more as an engineer or senior systems administrator, with a high focus on DevOps.
• Ability to communicate effectively and help foster a positive working environment.
• Excellent Knowledge of Linux (Redhat based distro preferred, Ubuntu), with well established experience with Linux Systems Administration.
• Experience, deploying, and managing highly scalable, fault-tolerant service deployments.
• Experience working with some type of VM virtualization framework.
• Experience working to some capacity with Kubernetes or container based clustering technologies.
• Strong scripting skills (BASH/SH, or code bases such as perl/python/etc.)
• Experience using configuration management frameworks (Saltstack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
• Demonstrable logic and troubleshooting skills (OS and Network).
• Experience working with Source Control Systems (git in particular)
• Working knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP, Etherchannel, subnetting, NAT, PNATs
• Working Knowledge of multi-layer firewalls
• Experience with load balancing technologies (haproxy, nginx)
• Some familiarity using CICD tools (Jenkins preferred).
• Experience with monitoring, metrics, and log aggregation and visualization tools (ELK Stack, Grafana, Metrictank, netdata, etc)
• Working knowledge of SSL Certificate management, and the fundamentals of public key cryptography
• Deep knowledge with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization / oVirt.
• Expert level experience for kickstart based installations with RedHat based distributions. Experience with Foreman is preferred.
• High level of Ansible playbook creation.
• Experience building Kubernetes applications with Helm3.
• Experience managing Kubernetes clusters. Knowledge of Rancher is a plus.
• Extensive development skills, with examples of past applications created. Python is preferred but other types of high level languages are acceptable.
• Ability to create and design improvements to existing build and configuration methods, formulate a plan with the team, and manage the deployment to implementation.
• Demonstrated experience designing, testing, and implementing large scale solutions.
• BS/BE/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.