Sr Software Engineer Technical Lead
New York, NY
As a Senior Software Engineer Tech Lead for Connected Devices Universal Windows Platform (UWP), you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X consoles and Windows 10 desktop devices. You'll work on a team of other client developers alongside services engineers and project managers.
We're looking for someone that is proficient at writing clean, readable, highly optimized C# and XAML with a low memory footprint, appreciates the details that make the development lifecycle exceptional, and demonstrates enthusiasm for new technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms.
This opening is for a Senior Software Engineer Tech Lead. Whether you're in New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, or anywhere in the US (remote work), we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
• To work with a world-class team of Engineers
• To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Work on UWP apps based on C#/XAML running on Xbox One/Xbox Series S/Xbox Series X consoles and Windows 10 desktop.
• Rapidly prototype and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable media applications using C#/XAML.
• Own the design and architecture of programs and systems within the team, with direct organizational impact.
• Write code that establishes and enhances frameworks
• Enforce code quality through test-driven development and unit testing
• Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, design, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
• Review and test code for correctness, and its impact on software architecture
• Improve applications and systems with each iteration
• Provide oversight and direction to junior software engineers
Candidates should have:
• 5 or more years of experience building compelling UWP applications.
• Strong experience in C# app development, both with and without third-party frameworks.
• Strong XAML skills including control creation and control templating
• Strong architectural skills and ability to communicate about MVVM, dependency injection, and other software architectures and application design patterns.
• Experience mentoring junior level team members.
• Typically has 7 or more years of experience in a technical field
• Experience building reusable frameworks and SDK's for other application developers
• Experience building apps on Xbox One or Windows (or other devices such as Google Chromecast, AppleTV, or Sony PlayStation).
• Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
• Visual Studio
• Github Enterprise
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.