Disney Streaming Advanced Research (DSAR) is part of Disney Streaming Services, the division responsible for the complete technical platform for the Disney direct-to-consumer streaming video products. The DSAR team pioneers advanced application features, with a focus on voice, spatial computing, and machine learning to be enjoyed and loved by millions of viewers. We perform long-running research projects and create high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate future innovations.
The Senior Software Engineer, Python Applications will be responsible for optimizing web-based machine learning Python applications. Some of our work involves research prototypes and some will be production-grade applications. Areas of focus may include voice and text processing, computer vision, machine learning, or a more generalized application in support of research.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help us optimize our applications for performance, deploy them for scale and assist in the software development lifecycle. You will work with a team of other developers, data engineers, and researchers as well as project managers and stakeholders. You are highly proficient in Python and web technologies and you are well-versed in techniques for scaling and improving applications deployed in containerized cloud environments like AWS.
• Senior developer on python applications
• Coach other developers on best practices & quality thru code review & instruction
• 5+ years of experience in Python
• Experience with web services applications (Flask or similar)
• Experience with performance analysis & code-level improvements and optimization
• Experience with containerized web applications and cloud hosting environments
• Some familiarity with machine learning workflows
• You have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• Excellent understanding of software development fundamentals
• Experience with writing unit, integration and functional tests
• Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs.
• Experience working in a modern, agile software team with version control & project management tools (eg we use Github, Jira and others)
• Experience and/or certification with Amazon Web Services (AWS S3, EC2, ECS)
• Building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully
• Experience with Rasa, Tensorflow, or other ML frameworks
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent work experience