We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join a team that creates large-scale, highly-performance web applications. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces used by millions of people.
This position is located in New York, NY. We believe we offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
• The ability to work on a bleeding edge technology stack.
• Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions.
• An open, team-driven environment that fosters constructive feedback and collective problem-solving
• Security audit of web application with an emphasis on commerce/transactional flows
• Propose alternatives to team for resolving security issues
• Develop best practices within team to maintain security of application
• Identify gaps in team knowledge of security best practices and work with managers to resolve those gaps
• Maintain and improve security skills, knowledge, and training through professional development, including participating in tech conferences and wider tech community forums
• Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services.
• Enforce code quality through test driven development.
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements.
• 5-7 years of experience in infrastructure engineering and operations of eCommerce applications
• Experience in web application security analysis and resolution.
• Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
• Experience with high-volume, public facing, transactional web applications with high levels of availability, resilient application architecture, scalable infrastructure, automation, and application performance monitoring.
• Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs.
• Experience in implementing A/B Tests
• Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
• Authentication and authorization specific security experience, especially in eCommerce flows
• Experience with streaming video, large data applications and analytics suites.
• Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application.
• Competitive salary with potential yearly bonus and Long-Term Incentives
• Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
• 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits and much more.
• Disney Perks: Parks passes, discounts on Disney resorts and merchandise.
• Employees have the opportunity to give back to their local community through Disney's VoluntEARS program that promotes Diversity & Inclusion.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn6oq-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.