The Media Distribution team is looking to hire a talented Senior Software Engineer to support the growing Content Distribution & Origin (CDO) Engineering team. The Media Distribution team within Disney Streaming is responsible for the development, support, and management of the content delivery pipeline from the Origin to the end-user.
• Contribute to or lead a significant part of the implementation and deployment of control plane software to the Disney Origin, Midtier, and Edge infrastructure.
• Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
• Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career.
• Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organization.
• 5+ years of systems engineering experience.
• 5+ years linux development and administration experience.
• Python or equivalent scripting language experience required.
• Bash, Lua scripting experience.
• Salt / Ansible configuration management tools.
• Database experience - Redis, SQL or Nosql database experience required
• Familiarity with the concepts of Networking and web technologies (TCP, HTTP/S, common web server experience – Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Apache Traffic Server)
• Familiarity with the concepts of load balancing (Reverse/Forward Proxies, Netscaler, F5, Nginx)
• Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS/DASH) preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jn2z-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.