Senior Front-End Software Engineer
The Commerce Platform Tooling team is looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join the team.
The team is responsible for supporting the commerce configuration tooling platform that is leveraged by business operators managing the commerce platform for all brands (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Star+). In addition, the team supports customer service tooling as well as other configuration management systems.
This is a distributed team based between Santa Monica, San Francisco and New York offices. This is a fast paced and fast growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction of the development stack as well as contribute to the discussion and implementation of UX patterns. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers and promotions as our business initiatives evolve around the world over the next few years.
What you will work on
• Create and support front-end web based interfaces for our business stakeholders using React, Next.js, Vite and other modern technologies.
• Manage API integrations inside Node.js Next.js/Express.js service layers.
• Work with Product Management as well as UX designers to come up with the most intuitive ways to represent business concepts for our users.
• Help facilitate migrations from legacy tooling platforms onto the unified tech stack.
• Be involved in code reviews and architecture review with other team members.
• Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives with the team
• 5+ years of experience in front-end web development.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• Proficient in designing and implementing complex enterprise UX interfaces.
• Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
• Knowledge of Typescript/Node.js, Next.js/Express.js, React/Vite, GraphQL.
• Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross functional business partners
• Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
Nice to haves
• Previous work with subscription based systems.
• Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
• Experience building complex enterprise UX interfaces.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $142,600.00 to $191,100.00 per year. The
base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary
depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be
provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x2nk-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.