DEE Technology is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The DEE Technology QA Productivity Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Analyst to join our team. As a Sr. Quality Analyst, this individual will work together with the software engineering team and other QA Analysts to define and execute the testing coverage needs for our products that deliver innovative content to our consumer-facing applications across the Disney brand. They will also work closely with the product owners, project management, automation engineers, and various other external development teams. Additionally, this role will require the candidate to be the QA lead for multiple releases and to participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including planning, automation, design, test execution, and release.
• Create and execute test cases and test plans. Find, replicate, regress defects and write reproducible steps in our bug database system. Additionally, ensure that validated deliverables meet functional specifications and requirements.
• Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how that impacts features in development. This includes leading supplemental test plan reviews with peers, developers, and product team members.
• Effectively communicate defects to stake holders and developers responsible for products in test, and lead various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s).
• Develop test plans, test cases, and other supplemental documentation as needed while maintaining the QA process.
• Manage our geo-distributed QA team members to ensure they are fully integrated
• Work with the automation engineering teams to develop, execute, and improve our automation testing suite.
• 5+ years of relevant QA experience.
• Clear communicator (written and verbal) for talking with stakeholders about requests and informing teams of any issues regarding submissions or development tasks
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
• Experience with various QA tools and platforms. (ADB, Xcode, Charles Proxy, Postman, SOAtest, Selenium, etc)
• Familiarity with issue tracking software like Jira or Github.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice and testing methodologies and tools.
• Previous exposure to API test automation processes and frameworks.
• Experience writing test cases, test plans and overseeing the QA process in its entirety.
• Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers and stakeholders.
• Comfortable being uncomfortable. Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment, while being adaptable to change.
• Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communications.
• An analytical thinker, with sharp attention to detail, that has problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
• A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the process.
• Experience with automated test tools.
• Experience executing automated scripts.
• Experience leading software releases.
• Understanding of how to interpret the results of automated test runs.
• Experience with API testing, consumer software products/ecosystem, connected devices, or video game testing.
• Experience writing test cases in Gherkin or Cucumber.
• A passion for learning and technology!
• Bachelor's, or 4 years relevant work experience.
The hiring range for this position in California is $91,100.00 to $148,100.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2py1-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.