On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming Disney's media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to maximize flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working for Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
• Building the future of Disney's media business: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power Disney's media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and execute groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
The Product Management team guides the strategy and vision for Disney's incredible global digital products portfolio - from Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and the ESPN App to Marvel Unlimited, National Geographic, ABC and ABC News, and film websites and games. As a member of this team, you will have an impact on the way millions of people around the world experience and engage with Disney's iconic stories and unmatched content.
The Sr. Product Manager, Data Orchestration and Reliability will focus on building capabilities to simplify and standardize the use of orchestration tooling in the data platform ecosystem. Additionally, this role will interface with Data Reliability Engineering and Operations to improve data incident response times and reduce the severity of data incidents.
This role will collaborate closely with peer product managers and partner with engineering leads, architects, and data governance to improve our platform infrastructure offerings, with an end goal of making our delivery teams highly productive and efficient.
This role requires the ability to work in an incredibly fast-paced and constantly changing environment. The right candidate will need an exceptional ability to navigate complex organizational structure, develop relationships with stakeholders across a diverse set of functional roles and quickly get up to speed on complex data pipelines and platforms.
The ideal candidate would have a successful track record of all phases of the product management lifecycle in the data platforms domain, an ability to work with disparate systems and a desire to simplify complex infrastructure products and processes.
• Define and maintain the data orchestration roadmap and prioritize the work considering value identification, cost savings and progress against the broader business strategy.
• Work with stakeholders to identify and document requirements, user stories, data flows, acceptance criteria and success metrics.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming) as a Product Owner.
• Partner with program management to oversee roadmap execution, identify delivery risks and resolve key blockers.
• Translate customer feedback into actionable user stories for partner data platform backlogs.
• Maintain customer-facing documentation.
• Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates inclusion, shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in product/program/engineering management in data platforms or software domain required
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Familiarity with orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
• Familiarity with public cloud technologies, preferably AWS – knowledge of service offerings and design patterns for data platforms
• Familiarity with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as a Code and data observability as a discipline
• System analysis skills to identify and document infrastructure requirements
• Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment with competing priorities
• Experience with Agile frameworks and practices
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Data engineering or software architecture background strongly preferred
• Familiarity with enterprise security practices and facilitating development with high regulation and oversite
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies, preferably Hadoop/Spark ecosystems, Snowflake, Apache Airflow, Kafka
• CSPO, SAFe PM/PO, PMP, AWS certifications preferred
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,038 to $182,490 per year and in NYC is $142,516 to $191,180 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qbe5-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.