Disney Streaming is creating digital video entertainment products for one of largest media brands in the world, with the mission of providing consumers the ability to access content on any connected device, at any time, in any location. As we continue to use our innovative technology to deliver dynamic direct-to-consumer entertainment for millions of fans across the globe, we are looking for program managers who can operate across the enterprise to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery of products and features that directly drive our business. The Process Engineering and Operations team is a centralized group within the Disney Streaming technology organization, focusing on core enterprise-wide processes supporting our engineering and technical efforts that directly fulfill Direct-to-Consumer International products such as Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+.
We are searching for a Senior Manager for Enterprise Process & Tooling who can bring experience and enthusiasm to the execution of programs focused on improving how our teams work and the tools that our teams use. Reporting to the Director of Process engineering, this role requires a seasoned manager knowledgeable in enterprise-level processes and the tools supporting them. You should have deep knowledge of technology organizations and a passion for organizational change. You will grow a team focused on creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective processes in support of overarching engineering, product and program team objectives. Your main focus is around processes as they are implemented in our suite of tools, most importantly Jira and Confluence, with future growth into other enterprise tools. You will engage with many cross-functional teams (with varying perspectives) and work to align them with processes and tooling solutions geared towards strong collaboration. A successful candidate is someone who can lead a team of Project and Program managers towards crafting and implementing thoughtful and effective solutions helping teams work towards a common strategy.
• Provide thought partnership with engineering, product and business partners during new process ideation
• Lead a team in the development and execution of operation and strategic initiatives through conducting research, synthesizing and analyzing relevant data, and developing insightful recommendations
• Translate business requirements into well-designed and implemented models in Jira and Confluence to reflect the processes created
• Maintain a strategic view over the set of programs, providing the framework for implementing process initiatives or large-scale change
• Provides process expertise on a set of related projects within the program
• Manage initiatives and drive programs focused on the software development lifecycle improving operational and strategic processes and organizational-level communication
• Build relationships with stakeholders across engineering, product and business teams to solution for organizational challenges
• Drive continuous improvement on existing programs and critically evaluate what is working well and what needs to be improved.
• Collaborate with Corporate Services Administrator for tooling alignment and stakeholder requirements when developing new or improving on existing programs
• Provides leadership to other Engineering Project and Program managers and helps define strategic opportunities of the project management function
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Centered Design or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 8+ years of project/program management experience, working with technical teams developing enterprise-level solutions
• 5+ years managing direct reports with diverse skill sets
• 3+ years in a strategy & portfolio management organization
• Expert understanding of configuring and customizing Jira and Confluence workflows, custom fiends and reports or administrator-level knowledge of Jira and Confluence and other enterprise tools used in the software development lifecycle
• Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
• Proven track record of leading multiple programs across organizations (product, engineering, marketing, legal, operations), and building relationships across such boundaries
• Possess executive presence and experience in presenting to senior leaders
• Ability to work effectively and influentially at all levels in an organization
• Comfortable with changing specifications and standards, and leading the team to deliver through ambiguity
• Experience in leading, supporting, and working with complex project teams
• Distinctive analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkqo1q-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.