Senior Manager, Content Programming
The Sr. Manager, Content Planning will help shape and execute on release strategy, scenario planning, and calendaring for global priorities and stunts, and domestic plans (US and Canada). This role will collaborate closely with multiple stakeholders across Disney+ and the broader Walt Disney Company, contributing to short-, mid-, and long-term content planning efforts driven by insights. This role will lead a small team and report into the Executive Director, Strategic Content Planning.
• Support Executive Director in shaping and executing on release strategy, scenario planning, and premiere dating efforts for non-Original global priority titles, stunts (such as Halloween, holidays) and US and Canada catalog content, partnering with teams such as Finance, Analytics, Marketing, Operations, and International Programming
• Manage day-to-day creation and maintenance of content premiere calendars, grids, and various other release strategy visualizations or reports, as needed
• Oversee the ongoing tracking of premiere date changes and open items; work closely with operations teams to understand asset readiness status and communicate potential impacts to core stakeholders
• Use an insights-driven approach to inform planning and release strategies, in partnership with core strategy/analytics teams
• Incredibly strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills
• Experience working with data and insights to inform strategies
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in roles and processes that are not clearly defined, constantly evolving through self-reliance and resourcefulness
• Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, time management for self and others
• Demonstrated business savvy and confidence to interface at all levels
• Experience leading a team, providing clear direction and support as needed
• Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization.
• Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
• Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
• Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
• 6+ years' experience in a related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbzy9-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.