On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Engineering Services designs, builds, and sustains technology that powers DE&E Technology's worldwide content production and distribution platforms. In doing so, they contribute to a series of cross-functional services and technologies, including Quality Assurance, Data Analytics, Software Development, Broadcast Infrastructure, and Networking & Security.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Lead a mixed team of full-time and contracted engineers of all levels of skill and experience.
• Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers in the design and implementation of systems delivering high throughput personalized experiences.
• Drive the planning, design, and implementation of both short-term projects and long-term infrastructure initiatives.
• Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to define requirements and project timelines.
• Supervise the efficient operations of mission-critical private cloud services, emphasizing reliability, security, and performance.
• Analyze and resolve complex engineering problems involving all on-premise private cloud and public cloud such as directory services, DNS, and certificate management.
• Work with the team to iteratively improve development practices and processes.
• Partner with the security team to ensure technical and process alignment on securing the private cloud infrastructure
• Partner with our Portfolio and finance teams on project capital planning and forecasting, estimations, dependencies, business value/justification, alignment, and prioritization of work.
• Develop project plans from the level of effort, and develop milestone and/or release schedules.
• Participate in broader critical initiatives such as migrating VMware and bare metal infrastructure to private cloud
• Manage the process of continuous improvement and scaling out of the solution to multiple geographies and use cases
• Provide oversite in transitioning workloads to the private cloud from both on-prem legacy systems and public cloud
• Consult with other business departments on private cloud technologies and assisting in their integration
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of modern infrastructure and site reliability engineering standard methodologies, including Infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, SALT, Ansible, etc.) and metrics and observability tools (e.g. Grafana, Datadog, etc.)
• Having a passion for developing and growing team members
• Ability to communicate across various levels of the organization with a strong emphasis on executive level communication
• Knowledge of Cloud Platforms including Strategy, Design, Architecture, and Migration (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP)
• Working Knowledge of multiple operating systems; Windows Client/Server, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Rocky)
• Familiarity with private cloud storage options
• Familiarity with Software-Defined-Networking (SDN) systems in a private cloud context
• Familiarity with software development tools and workflows such as Gitlab, Jenkins etc.
• Experience with software containers (e.g. Docker, rkt, runC) and schedulers (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes, Nomad)
• Experience in leading teams developing applications in languages such as Python
• Product/Project management capabilities to prioritize development demands
• Experience working within Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies
• Knowledge of process management, process streamlining, and process organization tools as well as a fundamental understanding of ITIL best practices
The hiring range for this position in California is $149,300 to $219,200 per year and in New York is $156,300 to $209,600 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpoe6-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.