We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead the Distribution Services Engineering team tasked to build the command & control plane at the core of our Media Distribution infrastructure serving content to millions of subscribers daily all over the world. We seek an empathetic leader and mentor who has a successful track record in continuous improvement of high performing teams. We are eager to discover an individual with a well-rounded set of skillsets in software engineering best practices (agile), software architecture and distributed systems, microservices, APIs, reactive user interfaces, etc., and who is comfortable wearing multiple hats when needed (product ownership, architecture, development, quality assurance). An ability to make swift decisions in a dynamic context and requiring a sense of world class quality, safety, and reliability will be key for this role.
• Support the Distribution Services Engineering team in building next generation operational tools that manage the Media Distribution infrastructure for Disney+ and Hulu.
• Mentor the team to live by design and operational principles targeted at delivering a World Class product (safe deployment of high quality, resilient, secure, and scalable distributed solutions supporting streaming to millions of subscribers).
• Lead workload, utilization, sprint allocation, and continuous improvement for your team using agile methodologies and best practices, with a focus on predictability towards milestones and deliverables.
• Contribute to the vision, architecture, design, and in some cases implementation of new features and products.
• Act as a cross-functional partner to other teams in Media Distribution and beyond, by actively participating in requirements gathering, wide architecture discussions, and software engineering best practices, among others.
• Coach your team on the path of career enhancement and advancement.
• 10 years+ of experience building world class production software with Java, Spring, JPA, REST, HTTP/HTTPS, AWS, Relational and NoSQL databases, or equivalent.
• 5 years+ as a manager/leader of high performing teams, including asynchronously supporting distributed and remote reports or teams.
• Strong experience with Java centric product architectures, including ability to review code and contribute to a codebase.
• Experience with server-side applications and microservices is required.
• In-depth experience in Object-Oriented Programming, Services Oriented Architecture, and Data structures required.
• Highly familiar with Agile methodologies and best practices, with a focus on continuous improvement and high predictability.
• Demonstrated experience with CICD and Test Automation.
• Experience working with high throughput, high performance systems and globally distributed applications.
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g346kn-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.