About the Role & Team
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere. The Disney+ Programming and Content Curation team is responsible for leading content planning, scheduling, on-service merchandising, slate management, and programming insights that contribute to a cohesive strategic content approach for the service.
What You Will Do
The Sr. Manager, Content Planning will help craft and lead the global business rules and content windowing strategy on behalf of Disney+ Programming, in close partnership with several teams and collaborators across the company, including Distribution, Sales, Finance, Business Operations, Analytics, and international Programming teams. This position requires a keen understanding of how content windowing and sharing across platforms impacts the business, using data and insights to advise recommendations. This role will report into the Director, Strategic Content Planning.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish, document, and coordinate global business rules for content sharing and windowing, including determination on second run windows for linear exhibition and identifying content that can be licensed to third-party partners.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to oversee the implementation of the content sharing and windowing strategy on a per-title basis.
• Iterate on strategy, recommending adjustments to frameworks based on performance data and insights.
• Represent Disney+ Programming in meetings with a professional and diplomatic disposition, as the primary point of contact for this function
• Develop and manage a team.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• 8+ years digital media experience.
• 2+ years of people management experience.
• Experience in fields related to content strategy, licensing/windowing, content curation, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment.
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong diplomatic mentality and proven track record to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization.
• Experience with using data to advise and iterate on decisions.
• Lead multiple demands and contending priorities efficiently for self and others.
• Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in a very fast-paced working environment.
• Passion for The Walt Disney Company segments, brands, and franchises.
• SVOD or Linear TV experience
• Windowing/programming strategy experience
• Bachelor's degree
The hiring range for this position in CA is $123,000.00 to $165,000.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14wnx-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.