Director, Engineering Data Strategy
San Francisco, CA
The vision of the Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team at Disney Streaming is to drive and enable ML usage across several domains in heterogeneous language environments and at all stages of a project's life cycle, including ad-hoc exploration, preparing training data, model development, and robust production deployment. The team is invested in continual innovation on the ML infrastructure itself to carefully orchestrate a continuous cycle of learning, inference, and observation while also maintaining high system availability and reliability. We seek to find new ways to scale with our guest and partner base as well as the ever-growing need for ML and experiments.
In this role, you will focus on partnering with software services and engineering groups to advocate and support ML applications in those domains. Such domains include Fraud, API Services, CDN routing, Edge access, etc. You will conduct data exploration, analysis to motivate and drive ML usage across the engineering and services teams, and provide ML consultancy. You will work on cross-functional products and push the envelope on data and ML focused solutions.
• Collaborate with diverse engineering teams to advocate and support ML usage in their domains
• Develop and deploy end to end ML workflows to drive data driven decisions
• Conduct data exploration, analysis and provide ML consultancy
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
• 5+ years of software experience, with 3+ years of relevant ML experience
• Expertise with ML pipelines, algorithms, statistical methods, and analytics to solve real-world engineering problems
• Experience building and deploying ML models in a production environment
• Comfortable operating at all levels of the predictive stack and user behavior modeling including data collection, feature engineering, batch low-latency online serving
• Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
• Familiarity with Python development ecosystem and technologies like Databricks, S3, Spark
• Experience with graph-based data workflows such as Apache Airflow, Meson
• Excellent communication and people engagement skills
• Willingness to drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Experience in mentoring colleagues on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale solutions
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.