On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Content Operations is ultimately responsible for successfully delivering entertainment and sports content to millions of people every day. This involves developing, operating, and leading a global content supply chain – the myriad of steps involved from taking a finalized TV show/movie, or live piece of content, from inside Disney to audiences around the globe, in their preferred language and format. This team also leads technology operations in Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Imagine yourself as a Senior Data Governance Engineer, helping govern and protect the data that empowers DE&E Technology to efficiently deliver and manage your favorite Disney shows, movies, music, and more. You will cultivate your natural passion for data governance and collaboration to chart a bold, rational, well-governed data future for our content supply chain.
You will improve the working lives of people who help plan, manage, and deliver beloved media by helping craft and drive technical solutions to data governance and quality challenges, including managing a data catalog that charts key data across company divisions and implementing an ontology in a federated graph API data.
You will exercise your in-depth knowledge and experience in data catalogs, data quality and data management to succeed in this role, as well as your grit, passion, and verve for well-governed data.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Design engineering solutions to complex data governance challenges, working with data governance and other partners; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions.
• Review proposed schema changes against internal and external data standards, including ontologies and other data model guidance, helping ensure that this complex landscape of data sources is consistent and reliable. This will include new and incremental schema designs, as well as contributions to a federated graph. Help design and improve the supply chain ontology as well as helping guide its implementation.
• Lead engineering efforts in support of Alation SaaS data catalog, including configuration, data sampling, connections, and guidance over technical management. Guide the design of other data governance solution needs, including data quality, data compliance and security and other technology as needed.
• Craft and lead the implementation of engineering best practices and technical standards to improve data governance adherence across the content supply chain in concert with other engineers.
• Support data quality issue identification and resolution and collaboration with data partners, data stewards, and recipients including data quality business rules definition and reconciliation, reporting, and tasks required for related initiatives.
• Research data problems, discovering and articulating the root cause. Identify and write data policies and standards or other solutions. Define and develops holistic problem statements and proposed solutions for supply chain data problems. Work and communicate effectively across teams about data governance practices and their importance.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 5+ years of experience in data governance, data management, or other data engineering
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Data Governance Familiarity. Strong knowledge of data management fundamentals to include governance, stewardship, data quality, metadata management, master data management, and more. Knowledgeable about data standards, taxonomies, ontologies, schema design, metadata best practices, data governance best practices, processes, and tooling. Experienced and skilled in data engineering and executing data governance, quality, and security efforts. Passionate about data and how quality, secure, well-governed data impacts the company's ability to efficiently manage and deliver media.
• Data Catalog and Governance Tooling. Experience managing and implementing data catalogs.
• Familiar with other data governance tooling including taxonomy management or reference data systems; data quality tooling; and MDM systems and frameworks.
• Content Supply Chain Knowledge. Familiar with the Content Supply Chain and its core concepts, workflows, business impacts, and major issues. Comfortable with the intersection of workflows and data, and what data means to the business. Knowledgeable on relevant industry data standards and best practices.
• Stakeholder management and communication skills. Has strong skills in communication, stakeholder relationship cultivation, and coalition building. Able to coordinate with architects and other engineering partners on shared best practice solutions. Able to tell a story with data and articulate data challenges and best practices clearly to a variety of audiences.
• Schema Design. Experience with schema or other data structure design process and best practices. Have helped design data models and reviewed models and offered feedback on them.
Strongly Preferred qualifications:
• B.S. in Information Systems or Computer Science strongly preferred.
• Experience designing and implementing ontologies.
• Experience with data analytics, big data, data visualization, schema design and validation, and data management desired. Experience with either governing data – or working with data sets you really wished were governed better.
• Familiarity with federated graph APIs.
• Experience with Alation desired.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA or Bristol, CT is $112,600-$151,100; and in NYC, NY $118,000-$158,200 per year.. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bri
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g448ev-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.