Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming Disney's media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to maximize flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working for Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
• Building the future of Disney's media business: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power Disney's media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and execute groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Are you looking to have an impact on millions of users every day? On the Vision team within Disney, you'll be helping collect data across platforms including ESPN, National Geographic, ABC News, Marvel and more. With that data, Disney can drive personalization efforts to ensure users keep coming back to their favorite apps. We can also create heat maps to better understand how people are using our applications. Finally, this data helps drive the creation of new content so that more and more continue to come back to the powerful brands at Disney.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for automating tests to ensure data quality and improve testing efficiency. You will be responsible for evaluating services and software, designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended. You will also be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggesting performance changes, and preparing test reports for the development teams. You should have advanced knowledge of software design and engineering, an eye for detail, and enjoy software troubleshooting.
• Partner with development leads to capture and understand data, reporting and test requirements.
• Evaluate software for intended functional capabilities and properties.
• Design manual and automated test processes for all platform services and tools
• Build unit, integration and end-to-end tests
• Run tests and generate reports
• Work in an agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
• 5+ years of relevant data engineering experience, with a focus on building automated tests using frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, and Appium
• 3+ years experience testing API services
• Advanced knowledge of debugging code and software development languages.
• Ability to collate data and compile test reports.
• Excellent software troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to design and write complex software testing procedures
• Excellent communication skills with product and development team to ensure highest test coverage possible
• Expert level experience with various test frameworks.
• Experience identifying best practices and technical concepts of building large scale solutions
• Extensive experience building automated tests from the ground up
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,038.00 to $182,490.00 per year and in New York City, NY and Seattle, WA is $142,516.00 to $191,180.00. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4pew-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.