The Specialist works with data scientists, change analysts, engineers, and service owners to estimate and communicate the risk of performing changes and ensure DMED Tech is ready for marquee events. They will build programs to identify historical impact of changes, evaluate which attributes of changes increase their risk, and establish guidance service owners and engineers can use to reduce the risk of changes they perform. They will continuously partner with the larger service management program on what data is collected about changes, incidents, and problems to continuously improve the change risk management capability. They will also coordinate the preparation and readiness assessments for DMED Tech's most important events and launches.
• Analyze performance metrics of service management programs using technical experience and judgment to produce effective measurement programs.
• Act as scrum master for multiple squads to drive process and workflow improvement.
• Builds comprehensive project plans to meet cross-team objectives.
• Reviews project plans and suggests improvements that increase on-time success rate and reduce required management contingencies.
• Reviews status reports to identify project tasks that require management intervention.
• Assists with building and executing onboarding processes for new Engineering Operations customer groups.
• Work across teams to evaluate change risk and forecast incidents to increase operational efficiency and synergy.
• Work across teams to plan and execute readiness programs for events like the Oscars and UFC.
• Builds and documents processes for new programs like certificate management and traffic forecasting.
• Work across teams to assess operational readiness to reduce availability risk of critical services.
• Applies experience to resolve complex issues.
• Makes decisions and performs actions that have moderate influence on the work of teams across DMED Technology.
• 2+ years of analytical, project management, or other relevant experience required
• 5+ years of analytical, project management, or other relevant experience preferred
• Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience leading or managing large projects that span organizational units
• Basic knowledge of the entertainment industry and digital content delivery terminology and technology
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79w26-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.