Disney Streaming is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Quality, Targeting, and Experience (QTE) group inside the Media Engineering org. This role would be working within the Media Target and Capacity team.
QTE is an engineering organization ensuring excellence of quality of service within the media streaming experience. We focus on delivering analysis of media performance and metrics, thoughtfully researched solutions, and flexible services, models & data feedback loops in the critical path of media selection and playback.
The primary mission of the Media Targeting and Capacity team is to optimize the user experience of consumers of Disney Streaming Services products by assuring they are able to access media using the best media delivery and playback for their particular usage scenario. This includes CDN targeting and allocation, client playback configurations, acute network issue detection, and other areas. As part of the QTE organization, we collaborate with a rich team of data scientists, software engineers, and researchers who all focus on improving the user viewing experience.
If you enjoy streaming media, are interested in live sports and entertainment, or just want to join a fast-growing team that plays an integral part of the revenue producing arm of a company, then our team is for you.
Technologies include Scala, AWS (DynamoDB, ECS, Kinesis, Flink, Lambda, S3) and Spark (on Databricks). Experience in these areas is preferred but not required.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Participate in the full lifecycle of application development from requirements gathering and designing, to building, testing, and maintaining our software
• Work closely with stakeholders to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
• Minimum 2 years of developing software products
• You preferably have working knowledge of Scala/Java and associated technologies.
• You preferably have knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (DynamoDB, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, etc…) or other cloud providers.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89b9x-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.