We are seeking a motivated and experienced mid-level software engineer for the experience curation platform team for our Disney Streaming apps (Disney+, Hulu and Star+). As an engineer on this team, you will work with a team of peers to design, build, and manage scalable content management systems and APIs that powers the experience for Disney Streaming. This team has an enormous impact on millions of users of our streaming applications. As an engineer, you will be asked to implement innovative and high-quality backend and frontend features.
• Develop and maintain our curation technology to enhance the user experience for Disney Streaming customers
• Work with senior engineers to participate in architecture design for our curation platform, relevance, and ranking problems
• Collaborate with Product and Program managers to break down and implement tasks for the team
• Participate in an agile development environment and deliver features within the expected timeframe
• Foster and maintain effective communication channels with your team members
• Monitor and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of our curation tooling infrastructure
• Leave systems better than you found them
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated success in being part of a team problem-solving, designing and implementing software at scale
• Effective communication and collaboration skills to technical and non-technical audiences
• Biased towards action, with experience delivering high-quality software solutions on time
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $109,800 to $151,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7oj4q-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.