San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced Front End Software Engineer that can partner with product managers, project managers, developers and product designers, across the Product and Customer Service organizations to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience: whether it is improving handling user issues in the TV app, enhancing the online Partner Portal, suggesting smart resolutions, and innovating the tools that customer's use to certify and deploy the Disney suite of apps for OTT delivery.
Your success depends upon:
• Your passion about product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
• Your care about the customer experience and have experience building consumer facing applications
• Your ability to be collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
• Diligence, thoughtful, and have great oral and written communication skills
• Making wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
• Proactivity and ability to move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
• Curiosity about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
• Enjoying problem solving and can use everything from big-data to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
The Partner API Integration Solution Architect will work with partner providers on project timelines to assist them with creating and testing their partner API (RESTful web API) implementations.
• Manage the customer relationship during the integration project period
• Develop documentation and samples
• Collaborate and coordinate with the larger partner ecosystem
• Customer-facing experience required.
• 2-3 years of web development experience required
• REST web API experience strongly preferred
• Solutions engineering or sales engineering experience preferred
• Experience developing rich, interactive and well-performing user interfaces using frameworks like React, Angular, Vue
• Experience building services using REST, GraphQL & WebSockets
• Working knowledge of dependency injection frameworks like Spring
• Practical knowledge and relevant experience deploying web services layers in cloud infrastructure
• Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
• Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching
• Experience running microservices in leading cloud infrastructure like AWS with appropriate operational insights
• Expertise in object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
• Domain knowledge/passion in the Customer Focused software deployments
• Experience with A/B Testing
• Experience developing services using Apollo GraphQL platform
• Experience developing applications with WebSocket
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.