Software Engineer II (PH)
About the Role & Team
Our mission is to innovate and create experiences that delight, engage, and retain our guests on Disney+, Hulu, Star+, ESPN and ABC. We build foundational platforms that enable us to scale experiences with guest volume and the diversity of use cases across our brands. This team is charged with the creation, development, and management of a unified set of architectures and services, and a data platform that is the source of record for a trusted, highly secure 360-degree view of TWDC consumers. This platform infuses intelligence into our products and aids our decision making as we continue to build more direct and personalized relationships with our customers.
What You Will Do
You will play a meaningful role in the evolving experiences across consumer facing digital products, with responsibilities for the technical design and implementation of medium size projects and features.
This position might be right for you if:
• You want to play a meaningful role in the evolving experiences across our consumer facing digital products, with responsibilities for the technical design and implementation of systems that impacts every fan of our products
• You're a curious and efficient engineer who wants to feel empowered to help define the direction of development and work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in our organization
• You thrive in an agile and collaborative environment.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
• Participate in the design and implementation of core Platforms and Content Distribution systems
• Collaborate with internal & external teams to define requirements and delivery schedules for projects
• Design and deliver high quality code for small to medium size projects and make critical contributions working with others on larger projects
• Work with the team to iteratively improve development practices and processes
• Tackle challenging engineering problems involving high throughput web applications
• Build strong relationships with the team while collectively finding opportunities for improvements around quality and automation
What To Bring
• 3+ Years of work experience in a software engineering role
• Robust programming skills and strong experience with Python
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including practices like continuous integration, unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
• Interest in industry trends on new technologies, best practices and solutions. A passion for innovation and raising the bar in all development aspects.
• Proven ability to work on a diverse scope of software projects requiring strong attention to detail and creative problem solving.
• Passion for software quality and for advancing testing as an engineering discipline.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with the following technologies is a plus: AWS, Python Asyncio, FastAPI, Kafka, Airflow, Snowflake, Postgresql, serverless computing
• Experience with data visualization libraries like D3.js, Plotly, Matplotlib/Seaborn or equivalent is a plus
• Data analysis libraries experience (numpy, pandas, networkx) is a plus
This is a(n) (estimated project length) Project Hire position with no guarantee of permanent placement that ends in June 2024.
The hiring range for this position, which has the possibility of being remote (CA,WA,NY) is $107,256 to $165,440 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0pn3-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.