New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Core Services team. This role would be working within the Insights Engineering team.
The Insights Engineering team's mission is to build best-in-class tooling to not only support our customer support agents globally, but also provide internal staff vision into our subscriber behavior using core data and services. We provide valuable insights leveraging core data to better understand customer behavior, with the ultimate goal to improve our software and processes.
If you enjoy streaming media, are interested in live sports and entertainment, or just want to join a fast-growing team that plays an integral part of the revenue producing arm of a company, then our team is for you..
Technologies include Scala, AWS (SNS, Lambda, Dynamo, Elasticsearch), and React (typescript). Experience in these areas is preferred but not required.
• You have an excellent understanding of software development fundamentals, and you aren't dogmatic about technology choices.
• You have a strong grasp on object oriented programming and/or functional programming concepts.
• You preferably have working knowledge of Scala and/or React technologies.
• You preferably have knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (EC2, S3, Lambda, DyanmoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers.
• Practical knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL DBs is highly desirable.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.