Software Engineer II, Media Engineering
Media Engineering builds the software and systems that prepare media content and metadata for the Disney Streaming platform - providing the best possible playback experience to our viewers.
Media Engineering handles audio, video, and metadata content from ingest through publish - for normalization, processing, and packaging - supporting operator tools and automation for a scalable workflow. We build logic across players and back-end services to measure, control, and optimize playback across our stack. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Software Engineer II will be part of the Media Status engineering team, which works on building out the scalable distributed systems for processing media that is core to our products. The Media Status team offers observability services of the media processing pipeline. In order to orchestrate media (movies, episodes, events, etc) from the studios onto the streaming platforms, media needs to undergo a substantial amount of processing. This processing ecosystem is complex and constantly evolving. Media Status sits atop that ecosystem, integrating with all its sub-systems. Media Status primarily solves for status, data aggregation, search, and scale. Our team abstracts complexities for consumers through our services, so the media processing pipeline can be more easily monitored and managed.
• Perform large scale data stream processing & ETL in KDA/Flink, capturing critical path events and storing in optimized, use-targeted data models you designed leveraging persistence layers such as Dynamo, MySQL, S3, and various caching products.
• Design and develop high throughput, reactive, event processing software ensuring data correctness, promptness, and replayability. You will rely on and proactively introduce new cloud architectures and design patterns that improves and strengthens our capabilities.
• Build outbound event models and API's to support consumers such as UI tooling, Operations, Vendors, and Systems. You will be managing, building, and supporting long-lived, multi-versioned, and highly-available APIs and data models over time.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables using Agile methodologies
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration and innovation, being part of a team that is always challenging and improving their performance.
• Provide on-call rotational support as needed
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with Functional Programming in any language is a big plus
• Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment that is focused on consistent, iterative delivery of value to the business
• Able to articulate and champion your ideas through effective written and verbal communication
The hiring range for this position in New York is $118,000.00 to $158,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyey2-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.