The Content Experience Delivery team builds systems that provide data at scale to teams across Disney Streaming. We implement reliable, high-request services that deliver data that helps power our streaming services' user experiences across web, mobile, and living room devices.
We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical services that support all Disney+, Star+ and Hulu users!
What you'll do:
You will join a hardworking group of engineers who build and manage systems that publish data to Disney Streaming's internal and edge-facing services - ultimately powering clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku and others.
We're passionate about data - just like you! You will apply your experience with database technologies to construct distributed, large-scale services.
What to bring:
• 5+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly available services in AWS utilizing various database and messaging technologies.
• Strong programming skills in Java and other object-orientated languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.).
• Experience using source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
• An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Champion cross-team projects.
• Coach and mentor other specialists on the team to ensure that all software utilizes industry best practices for data persistence.
• Collaborate efficiently with product management, technical program management, operations and other engineering teams to capture requirements, drive implementation and provide transparency.
• A broad perspective on problem-solving.
• Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Disney Streaming.
Nice to have:
• Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure.
• Experience directly managing and mentoring a team.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favourite shows, Disney Streaming embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Disney Streaming is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4bqm-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.