If you are a proactive collaborator at heart, action-oriented by design, self-proclaimed creative, a digital media consumer, and fan of our brands and its ability to entertain, inform, and inspire, we want to hear from you!
An experienced Social Media Strategist is needed for the Disney Entertainment Brand & Editorial Team to join a group of social programming and engagement teams managing @Disney and @DisneyPlus social media platforms.
The Social Media Strategist will support the wider Disney & Disney+ Social & Digital Marketing Team and work closely with internal stakeholders to identify amplification and support opportunities for key Disney+ priorities and campaigns. This role will also collaborate with external agencies for content ideation, planning and development.
The Social Media Strategist will be collaborative, creative, and detail-oriented, with a strong understanding of all digital and emerging platforms. They will shepherd multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment while ensuring that the respective Disney and Disney+ social brand and voice is accurately represented across platforms. The ideal candidate is a strong team player, can adapt to processes, meet deadlines, and possess excellent copywriting and communication skills.
The Social Strategist is responsible for social engagement strategy, content posting, story ideation, and community engagement ideation for Disney and Disney+ social media platforms. This person works closely with team members within the Disney Brand and Editorial team, Disney Entertainment, and Disney+ across social and digital marketing initiatives.
Candidates should be collaborative, creative, and organized, with a strong understanding of all digital platforms. Additionally, the ideal candidate would have a background in digital or social video production. Candidates should be proactive, a strong team player, and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to adapt to processes, meet deadlines, and work with multiple stakeholders across business units within The Walt Disney Company is key.
Under the guidance of the Director, this role's responsibilities include supporting Disney and Disney+ social in the following areas:
• Responsible for the day-to-day programming of social content across all platforms, tagging for reporting, calendar maintenance, and asset management for relevant @Disney and @DisneyPlus platforms in collaboration with team strategists and coordinators
• Proposing copy and creative in collaboration with social and digital leadership that is consistent with @Disney and @DisneyPlus brand voice, tone, and positioning of campaign and/or title
• Liaise daily with teams, including social and digital campaign team, international social and title campaign teams, for amplification and support of priorities across pertinent @Disney and @DisneyPlus channels
• Collaborate with all internal and external teams through the lifecycle of content development, from strategy, positioning, content ideation, concepting, scripting, production, routing, to final execution and delivery of approved assets across all channels domestically for amplification and support
• Ideate new social concepts to engage and entertain digital audiences, leaning into applicable brand-safe trends, where appropriate
• Use data to drive programming and social content development strategies
• Route all assets to the necessary stakeholders for internal approvals (Legal, Clearances, Brands & Franchise, etc.) and clearly communicate feedback to ensure content meets business standards
• Attend brainstorms and meetings that may involve future projects that require cross-team/segment coordination
• Deliver all final approved assets and copy to relevant partners while ensuring that publishing timing and tagging of content is aligned to the wider marketing plans as well as reporting needs
• Understand process and occasionally provide posting and asset trafficking support to the paid social team
• Assist with live content coverage and execution for talent press junkets, content shoots, and marketing events as needed
• Minimum of 2-3 years social media or community management experience within consumer-facing media or global brand
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into engaging and brand relevant conversations
• Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say
• Basic understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking
• Superior knowledge of social platforms and its native products
• Ability to be nimble and adapt quickly to new technologies and processes
• Polished in presentation and communication
• Be able to find creative solutions to challenges and use data to drive content development and programming decisions
• Passion, appreciation, and knowledge of Disney movies, Disney+ series, shorts, and characters
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and Box
• Understanding of Social Media platforms required such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• Strong attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement
• BA or BS in Journalism, Film, Marketing, and/or relevant field or 3+ years experience
• Familiarity with Disney brand and content
• Familiarity with Disney+ platform
• Previous experience with CRM tools – AirTable, Smartsheets, and/or Zendesk preferred
• Experience in Sprinklr, Creator Studio, Keynote, Google Slides
• Experience within brand entertainment marketing and/or streaming services a plus
• Previous experience working with large, matrixed organizations a plus
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $66,386 to $85,030 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2n8k-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.