Senior Development Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for TWDC with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits.
Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Consumer Identity Service (CIS) organization is responsible for Recognizing, Knowing and Understanding consumers through login, registration and permission management functionality and interacts with all major business stakeholders within The Walt Disney Company.
As part of the team, you will be tackling cutting edge issues that come with cloud-based infrastructures, platform resiliency requirements, security, and data migrations at scale. These challenges are regularly given on tight timelines, and we are looking for experienced engineering team members able to make the right decisions and drive them to execution. This position will serve as a primary contributor on the team as well as help the team navigate the changing technology landscape. Senior level positions are a key element of our team's composition as they serve as initiative leads and problem solvers.
• Collaborative and dynamic
• We embrace agile practices
• Full stack teams
• Continuous integration/Automated testing
• Frequent working software demos
• work as part of a team
• participate in stand-ups and other sprint meetings
• design solutions
• document changes and new features
• plan the sprints
• deliver code with thorough automated testing
• integrate and verify
• release to the world
• enjoy highly collaborative and dynamic team environments
• have a strong sense of ownership and pride in your work
• are self motivated and detail oriented
• are driven to produce great user experiences
• 6+ years professional software development experience
• 3+ years experience delivering single page apps or progressive web apps
• experience designing for highly visited sites and complex caching
• 2+ years experience writing automated (multi-threaded) web tests for web and mobile web
• 1+ years hands on experience with testing cloud solution for browser and device testing such as sauce labs
• Superior communication skills
• Experience working in a CI/CD and DevOps delivery environment
• Experience with cloud services i.e. AWS, EC2 (preferred)
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (preferred)
Experience with some or all of the following:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.