We seek an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Technology Analyst to join our Technology Planning and Analysis team to help build analytical frameworks and perform critical analyses that guide business decisions across our rapidly growing technology portfolio.
Reporting to the team lead for Technology Planning and Analysis in Los Angeles and part of the Technology Business Operations team, the job location is Los Angeles or New York. The Strategic Planning and Analysis team is responsible for ownership and management of the Global Technology Roadmap - inclusive of process, analysis, and stakeholder engagements that power it.
In this role, your mission is to work with your stakeholders to create scalable evaluation frameworks that will be used to analyze bodies of work that are being added to the roadmap. This includes analysis related to cost modeling, sequencing and dependency mapping, prioritization, and taxonomy buildout. In this role, you'll work closely with counterparts and stakeholders in engineering, product, finance, corporate strategy, data, and executive teams to ensure we have the right data to drive decisions.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, intellectually curious, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You deliver through ambiguity and you're a steadfast problem solver. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product and technology leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
• Pull together multiple sources of data to build multivariate frameworks that help analyze and power decisions for the organization-at-large
• Create and deploy tools and dashboards for end users - from your team to senior executive leadership to self-service data-driven decisions
• Develop automated processes and scaled frameworks that will serve as the baseline to build out business cases and value assessments
• Build strategic decision-making frameworks and write scripts that help us automate and augment
• Work with stakeholders to establish and identify goals; define measurable OKRs and KPIs for the business; then ensure we measure them!
• Be a conscientious steward for our technology roadmap - and communicate out status and plans to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
• Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling messaging for executive audiences
• Successfully achieve organizational objectives, managing through challenges, manage multiple priorities, and ensuring your stakeholders are aligned
• You have 5+ years of experience in informatics, data analytics, management consulting (specifically in a quantitative or data-heavy role)
• You have extensive experience working with data and data manipulation software like R, SQL, Python; building dashboards using tools like Tableau, Looker - and are deft writing database queries and scripts.
• You have strong knowledge of various types of existing and emerging technologies and their ecosystems and have a innate understanding of how to successfully partner with various stakeholders to launch new products
• You have experience working with engineering and operational teams to develop and launch products and have the ability to translate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
• You are a demonstrated self-starter and you provide strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
• You obsess about making our end-users happy and have strong opinions about good customer experience
• You bring a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
• You have a demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
• Extensive experience working in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (''TMT'') -TMT, product management, consulting
• You understand the streaming video ecosystem, advertising, and/or media technology landscape
• Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, California and Bristol, Connecticut is $112,586 to $130,500 per year and in New York is $117,998 to $136,800 per year and. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xq5m-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.