Do you want to be part of a team that makes the streaming magic through one of the most reliable streaming services in the World? Our SREs provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and reliability engineering to all of our services that power the streaming for Disney+, ESPN+, and more, home to 100 million+ subscribers and ESPN fight nights . We are passionate about our services running with maximum uptime and minimum latency so that our subscribers have the best streaming experience of all our content.
The Site Reliability (SRE) team is seeking a Technical Project Manager to support our team's progress and growth. The SRE team is responsible for working with our service teams to ensure Reliability, Performance, Scalability, adequate Monitoring and Alerting, Disaster Mitigation & Recovery and SLO Implementation. SRE strives and seeks for individuals from different disciplines who like to continually learn and grow, and share their knowledge with others. These disciplines vary from operational to systems backgrounds, to software engineering and quality engineering backgrounds.
Candidates will bring experience in Project Management, plan generation and have strong presentation and communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable with complex and technical projects in a fast growing environment and be able to quickly adapt to changes. The team is split between the UK and the US East and West Coast, so the ability to work in international conditions is also needed. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, competing priorities.
• Accountable for driving execution and delivery of service team engagements from start to finish.
• Forecasts project risks proactively; analyzes and communicates prioritized mitigation plans to stakeholders
• Defines rationale, objectives, requirements and high-level estimates for projects
• Develops and executes project plans, success parameters and ROI targets stated in the plan
• Identifies and communicates project milestones, tasks, success metrics, criteria and risks; implements Agile Project Management techniques at a master level
• Manages and communicates project status to stakeholders and customers through handoff and closeout
• Deep knowledge of project architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing
• You are well-established in Technical Project Management, having 4+ years experience in the software or relevant technical industries
• You have hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
• You possess a working understanding of software design, DevOps or SRE best practices.
• You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Lean and Agile software development methodologies.
• You possess a working understanding of software design best practices and DevOps, and have experience in release management processes.
• You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: meeting leadership, communication, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking, & conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork
• You are passionate about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and have a can-do attitude.
• You have the ability to look a couple of steps ahead and identify potential issues
• Desire and eagerness to learn new things.
• Strong troubleshooting skills, great attention to detail, thorough and diligent in the pursuit of goals and objectives.
• Good consultative, customer focus & service skills
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Additional Skills
• JIRA, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, Slack, AWS
• Experience with Scrum methodologies
• Experience with Development teams
• Excellent organizational skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k3zq-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.