Sr. Technical Project Manager, Lead
San Francisco, CA
The Connected Devices team at Disney Streaming Services is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager for an immediate opening. This is an opportunity to help build industry-leading apps while getting to work closely with some of the greatest minds in the media technology industry. If working in a collaborative team environment and facing new challenges every day while the apps you help build get used by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
This is a permanent full-time position.
This Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing the development of applications across Disney Streaming Services platforms and properties. This individual will be responsible for project managing application releases, coordinating development resources, prioritizing and scheduling feature implementation and working with stakeholders across the organization. This individual must possess the ability to effectively manage each piece of the SDLC for multiple applications across multiple platforms.
• Have experience in managing the development of consumer-facing software, ideally cross-platform, native client applications
• Have in-depth experience executing both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
• Have mastered industry-standard project management tools such as JIRA
• Have excellent professional writing skills and are able to provide verbal explanations of status and technical issues with precision and accuracy
• Excel at working with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and you are able to effectively communicate requirements to development teams
• Excel in leading effective meetings (keeping teams on track), you plan, document decisions and follow up
• Display initiative, take a proactive approach, and are able to start the conversation
• Negotiate with skill and are able to identify a solution path for various competing requirements or stakeholder preferences
• Learn quickly and enthusiastically, particularly about technical systems and issues
• Are passionate about your career, take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and you continue to develop and refine essential Project Management skills
• Have experience working in a client services environment, engaging with various stakeholders
• Have experience managing apps for mobile or game consoles and/or installed software and are familiar with the intricacies of app submission and approval procedures
• Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, ex. coding or QA background or technical writing, demonstrable knowledge of HTTP or JSON / REST APIs, etc.
• Are able to work closely with the program manager on maximizing efficiency by helping to drive process and strategy focused on high value delivery
• Are constantly evaluating process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration
• Are obsessed with managing quality applications, always working to better said products
• Are a Certified ScrumMaster or have PMP certifications
Remote Location Possible
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.