Software Engineer, Production Engineering
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) has a diverse portfolio of companies in a global enterprise that stretches from movies, television, news, sports, games, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line and a variety of other businesses.
This position will be part of the Disney Streaming Launch PMO team located in Burbank, and is responsible for coordinating the delivery of work increments crossing multiple functional workstreams and teams within multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. Launches include territories, partnerships, campaigns, and major product features. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Disney Steaming business group, partnering closely with the global and regional marketing, legal, and commercial functional teams; regional business teams; and global workstream leads. You will perform project management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify project milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for successful delivery. You will execute through expert knowledge of the project management domain, and business domains including marketing operations, legal clearances, and third party partnerships. You will quickly build a deep knowledge of the Disney Streaming execution strategy, and form outstanding internal business relationships.
You are a process-driven project manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, lead working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the project management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
• Prepare charters and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and clear success criteria
• Anticipate and identify risks and develop actionable mitigation strategies
• Support project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
• Lead cross-functional project management for launches including localization, creative and legal processes
• Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required
• Manage launch communication, track and triage local issues through partnership with PMO teams
• Establish strong communication channels to manage stakeholder expectations
• Communicate effectively to drive alignment on stakeholder priorities
• 3-5+ years project management in a large corporate environment
• Experience in a senior management-facing role preferred
• Global / International experience required
• Expert software tools capabilities. Presentations: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Slides; Modelling/diagramming: Visio, Omni Graffle and/or Lucidchart; Project Management: Confluence, Jira, Airtable and Smartsheets.
• Experience in a large project management and/or operations environment
• Experience working with technology and marketing teams
• Proven experience working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
• Possess business acumen and proven ability to react quickly, and plan proactively to meet project needs
• Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
• Recognized as having a high potential for growth
• Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
• Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
• Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
• Understanding of project management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking
• Show commitment to the project management profession via continuing education, up-to-date certifications, and progress in the field over time.
• Basic technical literacy and aptitude to apply qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making
• BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
• One or more recognized current project management certifications (IAMP, PMP, MPM, CSM, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r119zy-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.