Senior Software Engineer - Video Player Apps & Test Harnesses
New York, NY
Are you inquisitive and like seeing video play on a bunch of different devices? Do you like building video player test harnesses, working on tools that detect media capabilities, or creating tools that orchestrate video player testing across an array of different platforms and devices? Do you have strong JS/HTML skills? If so, we'd love for you to join us!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Video Platform Engineering team, you will help provide the best in class video experience on browsers, connected devices, and Set-Top Boxes, pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
Whether you're in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry. In some cases, we are also open to remote employees.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work within a strong organization of video experts
• To work on a bleeding edge video player stack
• To work with a world-class team of engineers
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
As a critical member of the Video Platform Engineering team, you are responsible for building out the Web-based and Platform-specific Tools that are used to test and certify DSS's next generation video players and features. You will design, build, and maintain tools used to test video playback across multiple platforms, including tools such as video playback test harnesses, dashboards, and automated testing tools.
• C++ application development
• Automated Testing design and development
• Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, QA teams, and product teams to deliver best in class Video Playback tools
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 1+ year(s) of C++
• 1+ year(s) of video player integration
• Understanding of various CTV browsers and what features they support
• Understanding of video player testing tools design and implementations
• Understanding of video / audio formats, DRM implementations, and streaming formats
• Experience with video playback and/or automated testing tools for video playback is strongly desired
• Bonus: Familiarity with Widevine and PlayReady DRM
• Bonus: experience with CMAF
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.