Senior Manager, Software Engineering
New York, NY
We are looking for a talented tech lead to join a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications. This team creates highly visible and responsive user interfaces used by millions of people.
We believe we offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
• The ability to work on a next generation technology stack.
• Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions.
• An open, team-driven environment that fosters innovation, creativity, constructive feedback and collective problem-solving
• Security audit of web application with an emphasis on commerce/transactional flows
• Propose alternatives to team for resolving security issues
• Develop best practices within team to maintain security of application
• Identify gaps in team knowledge of security best practices and work with managers to resolve those gaps
• Maintain and improve security skills, knowledge, and training through professional development, including participating in tech conferences and wider tech community forums
• Work on a modern stack including ReactJS, NodeJS, TypeScript, Amazon Web Services.
• Enforce code quality through test driven development via unit tests and automated tests.
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements.
• Collaborate with analytics stakeholders to innovate and maintain integration libraries for analytics suites for tracking engagement
• 5-7 years of experience in infrastructure engineering and operations of eCommerce applications
• Experience in web application security analysis and resolution.
• Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
• Experience with high-volume, public facing, transactional web applications with high levels of availability, resilient application architecture, scalable infrastructure, automation, and application performance monitoring.
• Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs.
• Experience in implementing A/B Tests
• Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
• Authentication and authorization specific security experience, especially in eCommerce flows
• Experience with streaming video, large data applications and analytics suites.
• Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.