Ad Platforms organization within Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Advertising Platform across all of Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
The Ad Intelligence team is under Ad Platforms and its mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-domain team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data visualization. Our team is seeking a senior software engineer who will be a core team member for our advertising data platform engineering group. This engineering group focuses on big data infrastructure, operational data, audience solution, inventory forecasting and full funnel measurements as a foundation layer for Disney's addressable Ad Platforms. The right person for this role should have extensive experience on bigdata as well as solid expertise on backend services or full stack. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build components of large-scale data platform for real-time and batch processing, and own features of big data applications to fit evolving business needs
• Build next-gen cloud based big data infrastructure for batch and streaming data applications, and continuously improve performance, scalability and availability
• Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
• Chip in ground-breaking innovation and apply the state-of-the-art technologies
• As a key member of the team, contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
• Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's degree or above in computer science
• At least 5 years of professional programming in Java, Scala, Python, and etc.
• 3+ years of big data development experience with technical stacks like Spark, Flink, Singlestore, Kafka, Nifi and AWS big data technologies
• Knowledge of system, application design and architecture
• Experience of build industry level high available and scalable service
• Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
• Demonstrated ability with cloud infrastructure technologies, including Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
• Experience with ClickHouse, Druid, Snowflake, Impala, Presto, Kinesis, etc.
• Experience in widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,038.00 to $182,490.00 per year and in Seattle, WA is $142,516.00 to $191,180.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7obnq-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.