QA Analyst - Connected Device Applications
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) provides end-to-end video streaming solutions over web, mobile, and connected devices. Our platform powers video for partners including ESPN, Hulu, MLB, NHL, MLS, and more (including Disney's new streaming service). We are leaders in digital media at a time when more people than ever are choosing to consume their media over the internet.
The Provisioning team orchestrates encoders, packagers and other resources that stream hundreds of live events every day. We are constantly handling new challenges, striving for 100% uptime and scaling to meet the expectations of millions of viewers.
Our team is looking to add a mid to senior level full-stack Software Engineer to our team who possesses a wide range of technical knowledge. This position will be working primarily on the front end as well as back end of our applications that support multiple internal and external partners
• Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
• Work closely with technical leads and other team members to identify and complete development assignments.
• Participate in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
• Diagnose issues, evaluate and recommend the best resolution, and execute against that plan.
• A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
• Strong technical, problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated strong partnering and coaching skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience implementing web user interfaces using front-end frameworks (VueJS, Angular, React, etc.)
• Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, XML, JSON Messaging, REST APIs and Relational databases
• Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools - e.g., Maven, Jenkins 2, Ansible, GITHUB
• Willingness to ''think-outside-of-the-box'' to resolve project challenges and improve development processes/systems
SOFT SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
• Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
• Ability to function in a virtual team setting and collaborate effectively across multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively
• 5+ years of experience working as a developer within complex systems development environments
• Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts
• Experience and knowledge of cloud-based services is a plus.
• Knowledge on Responsive Web Design
• Experience with Spring/Spring-Boot frameworks
• Understanding of AWS Architecture (Lambda, SNS/SQS Messaging, API gateway)
• Experience in database design and writing SQL queries or DB administration
• NoSQL solutions including Couchbase or DynamoDB
• Comfortable with Unix/Linux OS via command line
• VueJs, Angular, Webpack, SASS/SCSS, Node.js
• Java, Mysql
• Github Enterprise
• Jenkins 2
• Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
• JIRA, Confluence
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or minimum of three (3) years of software development experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.