Hulu's engineering team is seeking a Software Developer to join our Subscription and Billing team. The team is responsible for maintaining Hulu's product catalog, offering promotions and discounts, providing capability for subscribers to manage their subscriptions the way they want, controlling content and feature access based on subscription status and processing the recurring billing cycles for millions of subscribers daily – all while managing scalability and reliability of our homegrown systems.
• Lead systems design and architecture improvements.
• Work closely with product and engineering leadership to spec-out, design and implement solutions for our stakeholders.
• Write, test and release elegant software systems that are robust and scalable production ready using the latest technologies
• Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing high performance software, while following an agile development methodology.
• Use a mix of technologies including: Scala, Python, Java, Kafka, Postgres, Redis
• Support and mentor less experienced team mates and lead by being an example.
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• 3+ years of programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala or Python
• Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
• Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both implementation and architecture
• A desire to ship good user experiences that will keep our quality bar high.