About the Role and Team
The Apple team responsible for building Disney+ is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our team. As a developer for Disney+, you will contribute to building our iOS and Apple TV applications for the App Store. The right person for this role can continuously learn and improve to deliver high-quality testable code, while working closely with our product and design teams to deliver a delightful experience to our viewers. If you are someone who is excited about making an impact in the video streaming space and are passionate about code, this will be a phenomenal role for you.
What you'll do
• Build features for both iOS, tvOS and visionOS in Swift.
• Maintain a high level of code quality with each feature delivery by including unit and integration tests.
• Regularly review code from peers for continuous improvements and shared knowledge.
• Collaborate with other client platform teams to ensure a great user experience for all Disney+ viewers.
• Specialize in Apple technologies such as UIKit, SwiftUI, AVKit and StoreKit to build a world-class application.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• A desire to learn and grow with the team, while also sharing your own insights.
• At least 5 years of industry experience in iOS software development, 3 of which have been spent using Swift
• At least 5 years of industry experience implementing complex user interfaces using Apple's UIKit or SwiftUI.
• You will be required to write unit tested code as part of delivering features.
• Can demonstrate an understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
• An understanding of the trade-offs of using different design patterns, such as MVC or MVVM.
• You have at least 3 years of experience in agile processes to help the team be effective and efficient.
• A passion for code quality.
• Experience with Apple's AVKit framework and HLS.
• Experience integrating in-app purchases using StoreKit.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
The hiring range for this position in Washington and New York is $142,516 to $191,180 per year, the hiring range in California is $136,036 to $199,870. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyek6-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.