Broadcast & IT Support Engineer
New York, NY
Location: Seattle WA - New York NY
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about engineering data strategy & solutions. This role will partner closely across engineering teams to craft and build innovative systems and processes to further improve and harness critical engineering data points. In this role, you will enhance data to improve our understanding of essential engineering systems, playing a key role in the engineering lifecycle and creation of critical data points, solution frameworks, and ultimately products.
Do you have a passion for data and analytics and love working with software engineering teams? Then please continue reading!
As the point of contact for the core engineering teams, you will be tasked with the creation and utilization of critical datasets. You will seek a deep understanding of our customer-facing engineering infrastructure and systems. Using that newfound knowledge, you will own comprehensive frameworks used across all of engineering. These tools will drive intelligence around the health of our clients and services. Strong analytical skills and innate curiosity are critical for success on this team.
• Provide captivating solutions, frameworks, and measurement of engineering systems.
• Redefine engineering requirements and models to resolve discontinuity of disparate systems
• Ensure engineering data capabilities empower developer teams to make improvements to our viewer experience
• Coordinate and contribute to cross engineering data investigations and analysis
• Discover opportunities for data innovation and improvements across the entire engineering space
• Strong proficiency in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, C#, Kotlin, Swift, Python, or Scala (8+ years)
• Some experience using data and creating frameworks to improve the structure of the data (4+ years)
• Production experience with SDLC processes (GitHub) and config-based deployment practices (YAML, etc.)
• High familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
• Minimum two years of experience in the streaming industry, knowledge of client and server-side architecture is a plus
• 4+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark, SQL, or Scala
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1wqn-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.