Senior Data Software Developer in Test
New York, NY
Location: New York NY - Seattle WA
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team focused on harnessing engineering data points via innovative analysis, data science approaches, and engineering processes. This role will build and deploy production engineering processes, data science models, and data analysis powering data quality and insights while uncovering data-driven trends to improve our engineering practices and products
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network, and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
• Rapidly prototype, build and deploy production level models to monitor critical datasets and engineering infrastructure in streaming and batch
• Adapt methods from diverse disciplines such as machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modeling, information theory, information retrieval, and other areas to gain data insights, draw conclusions and work with engineering partners to put those insights into action
• Perform development work on model scoring, datapoint quality processes, and model deployment ensuring high-quality engineering processes and scalability across all practices
• Create and deploy scalable API endpoints to provide scores, intelligence, and feedback to other applications, engineering processes, and teams
• Perform cross-system engineering investigations and analysis to discover engineering data inconsistencies, outlining tactical and strategic remediation paths for development teams.
• Understand engineering infrastructure and business processes that power critical systems
• Create and manage key engineering health and insight data points, providing intelligence into the operations of our engineering infrastructure and ultimately products via visualizations
• Perform ad-hoc data analysis as needed to uncover engineering issues or inconsistencies and make recommendations on remediation
• 4+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark, or Scala is required
• High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying production engineering models and code
• Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills, able to concisely synthesize complex technical information
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, perform rapid iteration, and quickly come up with the possible solutions, effectively communicating these to technical and executive audiences across the organization
• 4+ years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data and product a plus
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.