Senior Project Manager - Self-Service
New York, NY
The Senior QE Automation Engineer is a member of the 24/7/365 Quality of Experience team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer's quality of experience. QE Automation Engineer develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts, and programs for testing complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices.
The Senior QE Automation Engineers specialize in automating quality verification processes and checks to achieve efficiency and scale. By leveraging access to a comprehensive device farm, QE Automation Engineers develop and implement software-based workflows to verify core quality metrics of media availability, entitlement, blackout restrictions, and application features. The ability to intuitively understand user behavior within an application and replicate it programmatically within the QoE software suite in order to test and validate functionality is a core function of the QE Automation Engineer. Additionally, QE Automation Engineers must possess the ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate discovery and resolution steps to internal and external audiences up to the Executive level. Within the QoE teams, QE Automation Engineers will work with Support Analysts to train team members on standard operating procedures and the use of QoE tools and software. As such, Automation Engineers must possess the ability to document workflows and procedures for any audience.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a great work ethic and strong communication skills. They will have an intense dedication to detail and a strong familiarity with online software, programs, mobile applications, and data flows. Familiarity with mobile and connected devices and some technical knowledge of the video streaming process is necessary. This is a full-time position.
• Ensure applications continue to meet the quality of experience standards when they are out in production by designing test methods, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, issue tracking while maintaining project and work backlog.
• Author tests and test automation, perform code reviews, and contribute to a high performing, growing team working cross-functionally to resolve complex customer problems. Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results and recommend resolutions.
• Mentor and direct the work of other team members to ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
• Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
• Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions. Build tests that are atomic, independent, and can run in parallel across multiple browsers/devices in multiple locales and/or languages.
• 4-5 years working in automation engineering and a solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends
• Experience writing and executing tests for native mobile apps for Android and iOS.
• Experience designing the architecture for Android and iOS app test automation (Appium, Selenium).
• Experience developing automated tests for Android and iOS (Java, Swift, Xamarin).
• Experience with Python and PHP.
• Experience working with continuous integration tools to monitor test automation (Jenkins).
• Experience writing tests that exercise Cloud-based/SaaS applications.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Has an understanding of a CI Infrastructure (i.e. Jenkins / Hudson) and how it works.
• Understands additional design patterns (i.e. DRY, Factories) in addition to (page objects and abstraction) and follows coding standards.
• Excels in diagnosing and solving complex problems, and providing detailed technical analyses.
• Working knowledge of performance and scalability testing.
• A team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed performance as an employee.
• Bachelor's degree or greater in fields such as Computer Science or Information Technology
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.