Senior Program Manager (Product) – Disney Streaming
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and the upcoming General Entertainment offerings, Star and Star+. The Product team within Disney Streaming is responsible for creating the vision and roadmap to ensure that we can deliver these amazing services globally, on any device, at any time, in any location. We're looking for talented leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's Disney+ experience through strategic thinking, hard-work, experimentation, determination, and a relentless focus on consumers.
This position will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Product team located in Burbank, San Francisco or New York, and is responsible for driving the roadmap process crossing multiple functional work streams and teams including Product, Engineering and Operations, towards a scalable, repeatable process for scoping, prioritization and business impact. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Disney Steaming business group, partnering closely with the global and regional product and engineering teams. You will perform program management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and product/feature enhancements. You will identify program milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for executive approval.
You are a process driven program manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, leading working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the program management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
• Manage cross-functional teams from 'idea to roadmap' process, including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, business impacts and dependencies
• Support product communications and monitoring control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
• Capture and contribute product/engineering risks, issues, dependencies and decisions and drive resolution or escalations as required
• Oversee product/engineering 'councils' to ensure clear ROI and LOE are evaluated and present outcomes to leadership
• Hand-off features/functionality that are approved in a concise, meaningful package for implementations teams
• Minimum 5-7 years' experience in program/project/account management.
• Minimum 3 years working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional teams focused on outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
• Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform.
• Comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
• Bachelor's degree in business, product or engineering.
• Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
• Effective leadership capabilities, and ability to motivate a team.
• Ability to balance technical and business issues.
• Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnk2y-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.