Senior Product Marketing Operations Manager
New York, NY
As part of the Product Marketing Operations & Tech team, the Senior Product Marketing Operations Manager for Subscriber Messaging Optimization is the primary driver of scaling and distributing messaging optimization capabilities within our team, and in close partnership with Data & Analytics teams to leverage their deep subject matter expertise. As the champion of applying data to messaging via models, attributes, events, and more - you will closely partner with data scientists, analysts, engineers, and more to create a cohesive messaging data use strategy optimized on time. You will manage our messaging contact strategy and guidance per compliance rules and overall normative messaging measurement. A successful Senior Product Marketing Operations Manager for Subscriber Messaging Optimization can easily balance quickly creating a pitch deck to advocate for a strategy, partner with a large global team, distribute capabilities through documentation and training and be hands-on with code to ultimately deliver high-quality business impact.
• Collaborate with the Data & Analytics organization to define, manage and scale a message data optimization roadmap globally.
• Drive and champion messaging optimization and experimentation playbook, which includes simple in-messaging platform experiments (e.g. subject line) to more complex multi-touchpoint longitudinal experiments, in concert with partner teams to unlock iterative insights
• Manage our messaging contact strategy and guidance to mitigate messaging collisions
• Ensure compliance by acting as the primary driver of messaging use case review with legal partners and document guidance, partner with various teams to ensure compliance through audits and other means
• Manage our message performance tracking taxonomic syntax through top-notch documentation and solutions (e.g. training, audits, tools & processes) to set partners up for measurement for success
• Define business intelligence reporting requirements and translate those requirements to Data & Analytics for reporting build-out
• Identify opportunities to increase experimentation velocity while maximizing actionable insights
• Perform analyses on experimentation efficacy and define opportunities
• Present regular experimentation execution insights to stakeholders
• Partner with data science and other teams to create broader insights from user messaging
• Document and/or diagram decisions, system or data flows, user flows
• Build and manage backup augmentation and/or capabilities for irregular operations to readily address and mitigate issues during non-primary business hours
• 6+ years in marketing/ product optimization, and/or data or analytics
• Deep proficiency in statistical and experimental methods
• Proficient in SQL, R, Python to complete data exercises
• Proficient in data platforms (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks)
• Experience with machine learning and scientific computing
• An ability to synthesize information and articulate a cohesive story via decks/presentations
• Attention to detail, with an ability to identify issues and implement remedies
• Passion for velocity, enabling the team to scale through superior project management
• Analytic orientation and curiosity, using insights to drive your next course of action
• An understanding and administration of experimental best practices
• Superior presentation, communication, and documentation skills
• Experience supporting a globally distributed stakeholder team
• Self-motivated and directed, with a drive to exceed user expectations and enable marketers
• Proficient in agile methodologies and working knowledge of Jira/Confluence
• Ability to be on-call, when high priority business needs necessitate
• You have a high bar for quality, continuous improvement, and the ability to adapt as we scale
• Experience in an operational role
• IAPP certification: CIPT, CIPM, CIPP
• ISACA certification: CRISC and/or CISA
• Template scripting (e.g. AMPscript, Liquid, Handlebars)
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, IT, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent practical experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm6q1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.