Lead ML Engineer
San Francisco, CA
As part of our rapidly growing Engagement team, you will shape and invent the experience for how subscribers of our global streaming video products find and discover the right content at the right time.
You should be accustomed to solving complex consumer-facing problems, building well-reasoned strategies and roadmaps and executing on those plans. You will need those skills to build great products for our customers by constantly improving our search and discovery experiences while keeping pace with our rapidly growing catalog. As the Senior Product Manager for search, you will work with cross-functional teams across design, engineering,, research, and analytics to deliver a truly exceptional search experience for a broad (and growing) worldwide audience.
• Define and build the site search experience for the fastest growing streaming video services globally
• Bridge the search conversation across User Experience, Engineering and Machine Learning teams, advocating for customer experience across all key discipline
• Collaborate with teammates to define a bold future vision for search and discovery across Disney+, Star+ and Hulu and gain the buy-in to make it happen
• Define a bold and achievable roadmap, working closely with engineering and other product stakeholders
• Work with content metadata and personalization teams to ensure we have the right data to serve subscribers the right results for their queries at the right time
• Recognize how and when to achieve business goals through search and discovery improvements
• You have at least 5 year of product management experience, with at least 3 in payments
• You have experience building partnerships and working with engineering organizations
• You have the ability to understand value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
• You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
• You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
• You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
• You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
• 5 to 7 years of experience serving directly as a Product Manager on a team focused on site search (or as a Product Manager where search is a key component of your role)
• Confidence and comfort working in a fast-paced, customer-first environment where decisions are made quickly
• Excellent analytical abilities with strong user empathy and awareness motivated by qualitative and quantitative research methods
• A solid grasp of search design systems, tools and algorithms, which give you the ability to work with designers and engineers to make the right trade offs between /
accuracy and speed
• An innate and impressive ability to synthesize user data and customer research into actionable product insights
• Experience applying artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing to build search and personalization user experiences
• A consistent record of successfully working with engineers, designers, legal and operational teams, communicating effectively both horizontally and vertically.
• Experience working with VOD, Live and Linear content is a plus
About YouYou're accountable, hands-on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way between a magical customer search and discovery experience--while knowing how to work well with others. You're a natural collaborator, equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You have proven analytical capabilities, strong and persuasive writing skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are creative, collaborative, results-oriented and scrappy. Above all, however, you believe deeply in Disney's primary mission of storytelling and delivering these stories to the world.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.