Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they'll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope--- the services in Disney Streaming Services enable experiences for 137+ million users across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we're not done growing.
We are looking for a senior product manager who will shape the strategy for our content recommendations algorithms. These algorithms are woven throughout the different Disney streaming applications and are core to the magic we create for users. Whether it's readiness for new markets, the launch of new content, experimenting with cutting edge technology, or assessing the base signals we use, this product manager will drive our thinking. This is a position that will have an incredibly broad impact on the customer experience across multiple applications.
This is an ideal role for someone with a history working on complex services. You should be able to balance pragmatism and vision to achieve meaningful results amongst a rapidly growing and changing user base.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
• Lead as the senior PM in the algorithm space, driving all-up strategy for how we build an algorithmic approach for all Disney's streaming apps which balances the need for centralization against the value of app-specific implementations.
• Deliver business-driving improvements to our algorithms for content recommendations. We are a team that can (and does) nerd out about algorithms, but who also lands huge business impact in the form of increased subscriber watch hours and churn reduction.
• Explore, socialize and execute on new algorithmic investments and surfaces across the system.
• Assess new investments with the critical lens of an investor. We have limited bandwidth and plenty of opportunities to improve. What do we do first?
• 4+ years of experience as a product manager or highly relevant direct experience (i.e. working as a data scientist or engineering in the personalization space)
• Experience in working on complex services
• Data-focused mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
• Familiarity with machine learning fundamentals
• Clear, logical communication skills and an ability to adjust your style based upon your audience -- from non-technical to research PhDs.
• Passion for TV
• Curiosity -- in this space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience