Data Software Developer in Test
New York, NY
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager, Data Product. The position reports to the Director of Product Development, Data Product and is based in New York. We are looking for a strong product manager with a demonstrated career history of success in building experimentation capabilities and a passion for growing the experimentation program across the organization.
At Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED),, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and is critical to its operations and growth. Experimentation is at the heart of that growth and product development. The Senior Product Manager will help lead the prioritization, planning and development of new capabilities that increase experiment quality and velocity for all teams across DMED. This role is a central in unlocking new product insights, and launching of new capabilities that will drive the experimentation program and product innovation at Disney.
WHO YOU ARE:
• You are outcome based, and drive cross-functional teams through hypothesis-driven delivery discipline.
• You think about the strategic business goals of Disney, and you work to ensure your team's resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
• You have experience in and a genuine passion for product analytics and experimentation methodologies.
• You are technical and have hands-on software product development and delivery experience with data and related technologies.
• You are excited about working with data, engineering, design and product teams to shape the future of experimentation.
• You are interested in wearing multiple hats when required to solve challenging and complex problems for your teams and stakeholders
• You are goal oriented and continually push for progress while ensuring quality and detailed documentation around the capabilities that are built.
• You possess strong knowledge of data, BI/analytics, and experimentation technology vendors and ecosystems, and can drive build vs. buy discussions to successful resolution.
• You will provide domain expertise and leadership for data-related products, features, and functionality that serves business and technical leaders at both DMED and The Walt Disney Company at large.
• You develop thoughtful requirements and user stories that provide direction for cross-functional teams
• You can reliably and repeatedly identify business problems and propose product solutions.
• You are able to motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
• You will work with a sense of ownership and urgency towards our collective goal of increasing experiment quality and velocity
• You will seek out and share industry trends around experimentation approaches and tooling
• You will build relationships that help drive consensus among all required groups across the organization when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move your products forward.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience building and delivering software products in a product management role. Direct experience in data-related aspects of consumer products is desired.
• Prior experience in managing enterprise products that deliver capabilities to business users in growth, marketing, advertising, or other data-heavy business domains is a strong plus.
• Minimum 4 years working with data teams including engineers, designers and other cross-functional roles, focused on outcome-based deliverables.
• Experience in hypothesis-driven product outcomes, and using data and research to help inform your roadmaps is essential.
• Experience with BI & Analytics tools is essential, and a background in building BI software solutions is ideal.
• Experience with experimentation tools such as Optimizely is essential. A background in building experimentation technology solutions is ideal.
• A background in direct to consumer business models and consumer video streaming applications is ideal.
• Comfortable in fast changing environments, with fluctuating demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
• You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• You thrive in a culture that values close collaboration between autonomous teams.
• You possess effective leadership capabilities, and the ability to motivate teams.
• You have an ability to balance technical and business issues.
• You can easily interact with both technical and business experts at all levels of the company.
• Bachelor's degree required
• MBA and/or technical degree preferred
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.